Wednesday, October 22, 2014

October Clique Kit Blog Hop

Ahhh social media, how did we get along without you? ha yeah right we got along just fine, but if you have teenagers like I do you know that they live on it. Not so much FB anymore, us parents "ruined" that for them but twitter, tumbler and Instagram are still alive and well -Public Service Announcement- My daughter wanted me to let you know Do Not Reply to what your kids put out there.  If you like it keep it to yourself, don't even bring it up when you talk to them. You CAN ask about their lives of course but once you bring up the little details that they didn't tell you they will in turn not trust you. And if you don't like what they are putting out there well then you may have to have a heart to heart. That being said I have told my kids that I will sometimes "stalk" them, and if they post a picture I will screen shot it, and it may end up in a scrapbook page. 

This month's challenge was to tell or show a project of why we are glad we live in a world that has Octobers. It's was fitting for me this month because I had just started reading Anne of Green Gables for the first time. I loved the movies but finally got around to reading the books. So I looked and looked for October/Fall pictures and didn't find any but I did come across some pictures on my daughter's Instagram that went along with the Kelly Perky paper we got in our kit this month. 

As you can see I left my screen shot just as I took it. I wanted to keep what she wrote. It gives a reason as to why this is what she wanted to put out there on the inter-webs. And this is her story, her memory and her journal.

The house pattern paper is on it's side, I asked both kids what way looked better and we all liked it on it's side, the map tucked under the picture is from the packaging, and the swirled heart is from the exclusive cut file from the kit. It was the center of a light bulb but I only wanted the heart so I played with my explore and came up with this.






 Make sure to check out the other wonder blogs in this month's blog hop, leave a comment on each one to be put in a raffle from Clique Kits. 
October Line-up
Clique Kits
Gia
Jody
Erica
Lacey
Rosann
CassandraH.
Charity
Alisha ~~You are here
Regina 
Wendy
Marcia
Mariah
Tyra
Allie
Kat 
Aliza 
Nicole
Stephanie
Carolina
Danielle
Sophie

16 comments:

  1. Love the theme you've scrapped for this challenge, great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun at G & G's house! I love that you scrapped about that Alisha and you're page is so awesome! Happy you joined in again girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun layout! I love how you introduced the orange as your base color! And the little house paper works PERFECT for the layout! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used social media in your layout. It's a great idea. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have teenagers too- and I can totally relate! They usually unfriend me if I try to even "like" their post! Every once in a while I see them post something and comment something about ME and usually I am struck by the great sense of humor they have for little blossoming people. I really enjoyed reading your post Alisha and the layout came out pretty freakin' awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use the instagram screen shot like that!
    Cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun layout! i love tha tyou left your daughter's captions on her instagram photos - she will totally appreciate that in the future - such a fun memory to capture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to capture the everyday moments!! Great page!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special story you have captured! I also love that you gave some background about how you approach social media and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome use of Instagram photos and I love that you captured your kids comments for the layout. Fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your journaling on your photos! Nice nice dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alisha, your really captured the theme of this Hop....great pics and designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So awesome how you captured these memories in your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layout full of life and movement! LOVE that you consulted with your kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute layout! Love your journaling!

    ReplyDelete